Samsung Electronics Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong attended the groundbreaking ceremony for the next-generation semiconductor R&D complex held at the Samsung Electronics Giheung Campus in Yongin, Gyeonggi Province on the 19th.
– Samsung Electronics announced that it would make another big leap in the semiconductor business by leading innovation based on its technological leadership with the groundbreaking slogan “Creating the future with technology that does not exist in the world” as the groundbreaking slogan.
– The event was attended by over 100 executives and staff, including Vice Chairman Lee, Gyeonggi-hyeon DS, DS Division CTO Jeong Eun-seung, Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology Jin Kyo-young, Memory Business Division Director Lee Jeong-bae, Foundry Division Manager Choi Si-young, and System LSI Division Manager Park Yong-in.
– Giheung Campus was the birthplace of Samsung’s semiconductor business in 1983. ▲Development of the world’s first 64M DRAM in 1992 ▲ Achieved No. is the place where
□ The new semiconductor R&D complex to be built by Samsung Electronics in Giheung is planned to be built as a state-of-the-art complex R&D facility to preoccupy future semiconductor technologies.
– The Giheung semiconductor R&D complex will be built on a scale of about 109,000 square meters (about 33,000 pyeong), and Samsung Electronics plans to invest about 20 trillion won in the development of the research complex by 2028, including a dedicated semiconductor R&D line scheduled to be operated in mid-2025. lim
– The R&D complex is expected to play the role of a key research base in semiconductor R&D fields such as memory, fabless system semiconductor, and foundry.
□ Samsung Electronics’ construction of the Giheung R&D complex is expected to serve as an opportunity for the domestic semiconductor industry ecosystem to grow one step further.
– Samsung Electronics plans to further strengthen R&D cooperation with domestic and foreign material/equipment/parts partners through the construction of the Giheung R&D complex.
– R&D cooperation with partner companies is expected to contribute to the development of the domestic semiconductor industry ecosystem as it leads to the expansion of high-quality jobs and the cultivation of excellent semiconductor R&D talent.
– Some equipment and material suppliers have sent video messages to congratulate the groundbreaking ceremony and continue cooperation in future semiconductor technology.
– Reporting on the strategy for securing competitiveness in semiconductor technology, the head of DS division, Kye-hyun Kye, said, “We plan to create a virtuous cycle structure that leads to organizational growth through various educational opportunities where excellent R&D personnel can gather and grow on their own.”
□ After the groundbreaking ceremony, Vice Chairman Lee Jae-yong visited the Hwaseong Campus to hold a meeting with employees and the DS division presidents meeting.
– Vice Chairman Lee listened to the suggestions of employees and exchanged various opinions, including ways to improve the organizational culture to promote challenges and innovation.
– At the DS division president’s meeting held at the semiconductor research institute, ▲ major issues and risks surrounding the global semiconductor industry ▲ the status of R&D for next-generation semiconductor technology ▲ ways to secure technology to achieve the super-gap were discussed.